Sunday 23 November 2008

houses and money

Well we sat down today and looked through our money and although we can have a morgage of 300k would just couldnt live with the repayments. We had been looking at a house in the 190k region! Now I know that sounds expensive but round here its not so bad. We dont want a terrace because we have 2 cars and we dont want them to be dammaged. We cant have a second hand house because we cant raise a deposit and the bank wont do a morgage without a deposit. So a new build is perfect, the House builders will give us the deposit we need.

So the OH has put in an offer on a house we cant afford! lol hes offered them a much lower price, now I dont think that they will accept the offer but if they do we are looking at a 1000 a month morgage and OH seems to think we can afford it, the figures suggest so but Im un sure. How ever the house I like we can afford, however the master bedroom is a tad small but the rest of the house + garage is great! I decided that at the end of the day you only sleep in the bedroom! and in a few years we can buy something bigger, its just important to get on the ladder I guess!


I also did some xmas shopping, how ever the sister's OH is proving more difficult then first thought!

The weather was horrible here today but if its nicer like it says it will be, we are going to go to Blackpool for the day... how nice, well its years since I went there! and I LOVE 2p machiens!

Well one more week off work, Im sort of looking forwards to going back only because I am missing the routine.

Well I guess thats all for now!!

2 comments:

Tsuki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tsuki said...

£1k per month isn't that bad. Since you earn a deal more than my OH and your OH earns a deal more than me, between you it should be manage-able. Actually, for a 190k house that would be pretty good, because we pay almost that for ours, which wasn't that much by a way!
Good luck with the house (and prezzie) hunting, let me know if you're really stuck for my OH.

{previous post deleted to desensitise, as personal data shouldn't be posted online!}